- Nick Kyrgios pleads guilty of charge of assault against ex-girlfriend Chiara Passarion February 3, 2023 at 8:57 am
Nick Kyrgios has pleaded guilty to one charge of common assault against his ex-girlfriend Chiara Passari. Magistrate Beth Campbell dismissed the […]
- Britain face gruelling Davis Cup tie in the high altitude of Colombia on Fridayon February 2, 2023 at 9:12 pm
They will face Colombia at the breath-sapping height of 2,500 metres, meaning that depressurised balls will be used, designed to stop them fizzing […]
- Serena Williams reveals how she felt after her loss to Australia's Ajla Tomljanovic at the US Openon February 2, 2023 at 10:22 am
Williams returned to Flushing Meadows searching for a fairytale end to her incredible tennis career, but Tomljanovic spoiled those plans with a third […]
- Nick Kyrgios hobbles on crutches in injury recovery updateon February 1, 2023 at 3:59 pm
Kyrgios, 27, was filmed hobbling on crutches while sporting a knee brace on Wednesday and posted the footage on Instagram alongside the caption: […]
- Novak Djokovic won the Australian Open with a 3cm hamstring TEARon February 1, 2023 at 10:39 am
Novak Djokovic played with a three-centimetre (1.2 inches) tear in his hamstring during his run to a record-extending 10th Australian Open title, […]
- Margaret Court says she is 'praying' for alleged thieves that stole from heron January 31, 2023 at 8:18 pm
The former world number one, 80, was on holiday with her husband Barrymore Court but watched the ordeal through her home security system and […]
- Margaret Court has medals stolen in home break-in - after she was a no-show at Australian Openon January 31, 2023 at 8:15 am
Two people have been charged after awards, medals and other valuables were stolen from the home of controversial Australian tennis champion Margaret […]
- Novak Djokovic reveals the incredibly boring way he celebrated his record 10th Australian Open winon January 31, 2023 at 1:57 am
Novak Djokovic had every reason to let his hair down after snaring a record 10th Australian Open on Sunday at Rod Laver Arena - but the Serbian […]
- Court Dismisses Guilty Plea by Australian Tennis Star Nick Kyrgios in Assault Caseby Natasha Frost on February 3, 2023 at 6:05 am
The guilty plea and dismissal stemmed from a confrontation Mr. Kyrgios had with his partner in 2021 when she tried to prevent him from leaving in a ride-hailing car.
- Investigation Into Alexander Zverev Finds Insufficient Evidence for Abuse Claimsby Matthew Futterman on January 31, 2023 at 11:12 pm
The ATP Tour won’t discipline Zverev after a 15-month investigation into allegations made by his former girlfriend.
- Novak Djokovic Comes Full Circle at the Australian Openby Christopher Clarey on January 30, 2023 at 7:39 pm
Deported a year ago and unable to play in 2022’s first Grand Slam tournament, Djokovic deeply felt this major title, his 22nd, calling it “a huge relief.”
- Novak Djokovic Captures His 10th Australian Open Men’s Singles Titleby Matthew Futterman on January 29, 2023 at 9:05 pm
After missing last year’s tournament when he was deported for being unvaccinated for Covid-19, the Serb beat Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece in straight sets to win his 22nd Grand Slam title.
- Why Coaching From the Stands in Tennis Can Feel Like ‘Cheating’by Christopher Clarey on January 29, 2023 at 12:55 am
In-match coaching has always happened on the sly, but this year is the first time the Australian Open has allowed players to be coached from the stands.
- Big Risks and Big Rewards for Aryna Sabalenka at the Australian Openby Christopher Clarey on January 28, 2023 at 9:00 pm
The Belarusian, who beat Elena Rybakina to win her first Grand Slam title on Saturday, held the trophy in triumph while the war in Ukraine remained a brutal reality.
- Sania Mirza, India’s Tennis Superstar, Exits the Australian Open and Soon, a Careerby Christopher Clarey on January 28, 2023 at 5:42 pm
Mirza, who leaves tennis in India as a sleeping giant, has been a trailblazer nonetheless. “I would like to have a quieter life,” she said after the mixed doubles final.
- Aryna Sabalenka Wins the Australian Open Women’s Singles Titleby Matthew Futterman on January 28, 2023 at 2:16 pm
The 24-year-old Belarusian player pushed Elena Rybakina of Kazakhstan to three sets to capture her first Grand Slam singles title.