- Andy Murray claims he doesn't DESERVE the grand farewell given to the retiring legend Roger Federeron September 26, 2022 at 10:03 am
The 20-time Grand Slam winner bowed out from the sport on Sunday in the Laver Cup 'Europe vs Rest of World' tournament, with the Scot teaming up with […]
- Tennis fans accuse Nick Kyrgios of disrespecting Roger Federer, but are they missing a key detail?on September 26, 2022 at 8:04 am
Aussie tennis star Nick Kyrgios has a history of dividing tennis fans, but did he really deserve the latest round of fan lashing for disrespecting […]
- Frances Tiafoes clinches first ever Laver Cup triumph for Team Worldon September 25, 2022 at 10:42 pm
Right to the end of an emotional three days Roger Federer was ever the competitor, admitting that a shock defeat for his Team Europe at the Laver Cup […]
- Cam Norrie to play five tournaments in next six weeks as he bids to qualify for the ATP Finals on September 25, 2022 at 3:35 pm
While Norrie lost to Taylor Fritz at the O2 on Saturday, he relished the chance to represent Team Europe and will now switch focus to concluding a […]
- Novak Djokovic says he's not 'old enough' to retire despite Roger Federer's tennis farewellon September 25, 2022 at 3:30 pm
Federer's decision was not unexpected given the 41-year-old's recent struggles with injuries and form, but it was still met with an outpouring of […]
- Jack Sock and Felix Auger-Aliassime fight back for Team World on the final day of the Laver Cupon September 25, 2022 at 2:46 pm
Jack Sock and Felix Auger-Aliassime helped Team World make a winning start to the final day of the Laver Cup in London by downing Andy Murray and […]
- AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2010: Brad Gilbert - Touch of genius by Andy Murray turned the matchon September 25, 2022 at 1:03 am
The big intangible coming into Andy Murray's semi-final was how Marin Cilic's fitness would hold up after his three five-setters and, after an hour, […]
- Rafael Nadal can't hold back the tears as rival Roger Federer bids an emotional farewell to tennison September 24, 2022 at 8:16 pm
After the big cry came the big cry-off, with Rafael Nadal joining Roger Federer on Saturday in withdrawing from singles play at the Laver Cup.
- Federer’s Goodbye a Reminder of the Events and Shots That Make His Legacyby Christopher Clarey on September 24, 2022 at 8:54 pm
Federer kept alive a one-handed backhand, tried rushing the net on returns and helped popularize the between-the-legs shot. And with the Laver Cup, he showed that tournaments can be different, too.
- Highlights From Roger Federer’s Last Tennis Matchby The New York Times on September 24, 2022 at 6:32 pm
Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal lost in doubles at the Laver Cup to Frances Tiafoe and Jack Sock in a final tiebreaker, 4-6, 7-6 (2), (11-9). “I’m happy I made it through,” an emotional Federer said afterward.
- Federer, Even in Defeat, Gets Fitting End to Storied Careerby Christopher Clarey, Andrew Das and James Hill on September 24, 2022 at 1:27 am
Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal were defeated by Jack Sock and Frances Tiafoe in a tight Laver Cup match that included plenty of highlights and fond sentiments.
- Meet Frances Tiafoe and Jack Sockby Christopher Clarey on September 23, 2022 at 9:41 pm
Tiafoe had plenty of big moments in the U.S. Open. And Sock has won four Grand Slam doubles titles.
- Climate Activist Sets Himself on Fire at the Laver Cupby Andrew Das on September 23, 2022 at 7:15 pm
The protest disrupted the tournament on a day when Roger Federer was scheduled to play the last competitive match of his career.
- The Reliable, Graceful and Fallible Roger Federerby Christopher Clarey on September 23, 2022 at 6:29 pm
Federer’s moves made even blowout matches worthy of watching. And the moments in which he fell short made his legacy even more intriguing.
- Federer-Nadal Rivalry Ends in a Doubles Match Partnershipby Christopher Clarey on September 23, 2022 at 6:29 pm
One of the greatest rivalries in tennis history will end in harmony on Friday when Roger Federer plays his final competitive match with Rafael Nadal as his doubles partner.
- Roger Federer Announces Plans to Retire From Tennisby Christopher Clarey on September 23, 2022 at 6:29 pm
Federer, who won 20 Grand Slam singles titles, said injuries and surgeries had taken their toll on his body. His final competitive matches will be next week in London.